*I Corinthians 10
“The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool (until I put them under your feet).” Psalm 110:1 NKJV
In the Natural and In the Spirit…
• A footstool will help you reach what you can’t reach.
• A footstool help you see what you can’t see.
• A footstool will help you get done what you couldn’t get done.
• A footstool will help you rise to a new level, it will help you rise above.
• A footstool will help you accomplish what you couldn’t accomplish any other way.
“Instead of allowing an enemy to trip you up, allow it to become a footstool, step up, step out and allow it to set you up.”
Sometimes An Enemy is Necessary…
The necessity of an enemy… “David needed an enemy to become king.” – Ron Carpenter
Jesus needed Judas to betray Him.
David needed Saul to establish honor.
Here Are Some Things to Remember When It Comes to Enemies:
Numerous Scenarios Can Become An Enemy:
- Time can be an enemy.
- Age can be an enemy.
- Mindsets can be an enemy.
- People can be an enemy.
- Surroundings can be an enemy.
However, we only have one true enemy. He is an enemy of God and we are friends of God, therefore, we are his enemies.
An enemy can be a block, or it can be a blessing… only discernment will distinguish the difference.
“When God wants to promote you, He will send a person; when the devil wants to defeat you, he will send a person.” It’s your job to discern the difference.
Here Are Some Things to Take Notice of In Regards to Enemies:
1. Some Enemies You Need to Look At and Talk To. *David spoke to the giant and called him an uncircumcised Philistine, while everyone else was calling him a giant.
⁃ Speak to it – but tell it the right thing.
⁃ Speak in love – not hate.
⁃ Speak in faith – not fear.
2. Some Enemies You Need to Fight.
⁃ You don’t war with carnal weapons.
⁃ You don’t fight or wrestle flesh and blood.
⁃ You don’t fight when there’s not something at stake.
3. Some Enemies You Need to Walk Away From.
⁃ What you have the courage to walk towards reveals your courage.
⁃ What you have the courage to walk away from reveals your wisdom.
⁃ Walking away is not always a sign of weakness, sometimes it’s a sign of strength.
4. Some Enemies You Need to Wear Down, Before They Wear You Down.
⁃ Someone said, “you can wrestle in the mud with a pig, but only one of you are going to enjoy it.”
⁃ Don’t allow someone’s unnecessary drama, to become your priority.
⁃ You can’t outlast what wears you down… Resist, Rejoice and Rest!
5. Some Enemies You Need to Let God Take Care Of.
⁃ There are some battles you weren’t meant to fight.
⁃ You can’t fight a spiritual war with carnal weapons.
⁃ In spiritual warfare, discernment, many times determines the victorious outcome of the battle.
6. Some Enemies Are Not Really Your Enemy.
⁃ Everyone is not against you.
⁃ Everyone is not talking about you.
⁃ Everyone is not trying to harm you.
7. Some Enemies You Need to Make Peace With.
⁃ You may need to make peace, in order to have peace.
⁃ You may need to get over, what you can’t change.
⁃ You may need to forget, in order to have freedom.
8. Some Enemies You Need to Thank God For.
⁃ Defeating an enemy will promote you in ways that nothing else will.
⁃ If David wouldn’t have encountered the giant as an enemy, he may not have been enthroned as king.
⁃ If Jesus hadn’t tasted of the enemy of death, He wouldn’t have produced eternal life for all mankind.
9. Some Enemies Need to Be Discerned, Before They Are Defeated.
⁃ Sometimes victory is obtained through understanding, not effort.
⁃ Sometimes you may need to understand the ‘why’ before you receive the ‘when’.
⁃ Sometimes the lesson learned is greater than the victory that’s been obtained.
10. Some Enemies You Need to Outlast.
⁃ What doesn’t kill you, really does make you stronger. *(I saw a bumper sticker that said, “yeah, but did it kill you?” There’s some truth to that.😳)
⁃ Pray for perseverance.
⁃ Paul said it best when he said, “having done all stand.”
Scriptures and Truth to Confess…
• No weapon formed against me will prosper!
• I will bless the Lord at all times!
• When the enemy comes in like a flood the Lord will raise up a standard against him!
• Lord, I will sit at your right hand until You make my enemies my footstool!
Lord Help Me to:
• Step Up
• Step Over
• Stretch Higher
• and Gain Access to Peace and Victory in You!